FREELANCE WRITING & PHOTOGRAPHY

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The High Line Hotel's Intelligentsia Coffee Shop - An Oasis in the City

Thanks to Jared for introducing me to the High Line Hotel's Intelligentsia coffee shop. Nestled behind the five-story brick building in the hotel's expansive and secluded courtyard, benches, tables, chairs, songbirds and 'New York City quiet' await the visitor seeking a great cup of coffee and a refuge. 

Today, sitting in the courtyard reading The New York Times, I see a headline and brief story referring to the fires that are currently burning on Alaska's Kenai Peninsula, my neck of the woods. From this news brief, to the numerous encounters I've had with people who have lived in Alaska, to texting a wrong number in Homer and discovering that the person I erroneously texted had family from Homer visiting New York City at that moment, this trip has definitely reminded me that no matter where I am, home is never far away...








No comments: