FREELANCE WRITING & PHOTOGRAPHY

Monday, March 10, 2014

Anual Write-A-Thon Fundraiser

While I'm thrilled to be writing two to three weekly features for a local newspaper, I am eager to create time for my personal writing which has taken the proverbial back seat.

As such, I'm pursuing activities that move me in this direction, including writing groups, classes and workshops. Every year for the past four years, I've participated in an write-a-thon that provides me with a great opportunity to focus on a specific piece of writing. It also allows me to interact and network with other writers while in a fun, lively and supportive atmosphere. 

The event takes place in Anchorage, but last year, I participated remotely, writing from The Tea Lounge in Brooklyn. This year, I'll be writing in Anchorage or remotely from Nome.

If you'd like to read about what I'm currently working on and what my goals are, you can visit my fundraising page. Here, you can also support my writing endeavors by making a donation to 49 Writers, the Anchorage nonprofit writing group that hosts this event and provides valuable resources that I tap in to all year long!

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/christinawhiting/49-writers-2014-write-a-thon

No comments: