FREELANCE WRITING & PHOTOGRAPHY

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Red Flags?

 
A friend of mine has been dating someone for a couple of months.  Today, we chatted back and forth about some concerns she has with their relationship.  Our conversation got me wondering how we can know when issues that arise in partnerships, be they love interests, coworkers, family members, friends, etc. are red flags or if they're "just" things that are causing us to step outside of our comfort zone.

It seems to me that some issues like physical, verbal or mental abuse are obvious red flags, but what about the less obvious ones?  How can we know when concerns are worth working through and when they're cause for ending the relationship?  My tendency towards black and white thinking has me puzzling over something that's probably a very grey area.

And still, I wonder...  

Thanks Taz for sharing this great image!
 



    

No comments: