FREELANCE WRITING & PHOTOGRAPHY

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Red Hook Area of Booklyn Devastated!

If you've been following my blog, you'll have read my posts about and seen images from one of my favorite areas of Brooklyn, a place that I've visited twice: Red Hook.  This area of artist studios, the huge Ikea store and amazing waterfront with a rare view of the facing side of the Statue of Liberty and an amazing organic grocery store...  It's one of the places here that was hit hard.  I'm so sad to have received the following email via a member of the photography group that I visited Red Hook with less than two weeks ago...


Ray
Got this secondhand :(

this just in from my friend Jordan Bowen : "Harrowing and sombre walk through darkened downtown Manhattan today, across a very windy Brooklyn Bridge and into my devastated neighborhood, Red Hook. Diesel fuel coats the street, basements are filled with water, the Fairway supermarket is completely destroyed. A worker carting spoiled food out to a dumpster told me all the lobsters died."

No comments: