FREELANCE WRITING & PHOTOGRAPHY

Saturday, June 30, 2012

New York City or Bust

Join my adventure, as I call New York City home sweet home.

It was ten years ago that I visited here for the first time and fell in love with both the city and the people.  When I left, I was determined to return one day, to spend more time exploring the different neighborhoods and getting to know what makes New Yorkers New Yorkers.

Well, that day is now.  Leaving my small town of Homer, Alaska to spend time in 'the city that never sleeps' is a dream come true. I arrived September 15th and have been having an amazing time ever since.

I'm a pilgrim on this journey: seeking, watching, listening, waiting, open to the mystery that is the path unfolding ahead of me.  

To get me in to a New York frame of mind, my friend Kevin sent me this youtube video, featuring fantastic images of New York City, and set to Frank Sinatra's New York New York.  

This is my theme song for my New York City adventure!

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqlJl1LfDP4

No comments: