FREELANCE WRITING & PHOTOGRAPHY

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A Very Somber Day

After being up until 4am, restless and agitated, I slept through my alarm and woke at 10am.  I met Gareth at the coffee shop around the corner and coffees in hand, we picked our way up the streets towards Prospect Park to assess the damage to the areas we visited the day before, the day of the Hurricane.  

Streets were littered with trees limbs, trees were slashed across fences, split and bent in yards, smashed in to front, back and side windows of cars. Everywhere we looked, the damage was the trees. And although we were not surprised, we were still incredibly saddened to see these sentinels struck down.  Now, as I review my images hours later, the sadness settles even deeper in to my heart as I see the already-dying trees and the other people equally devastated by the loss.

Here are images from Prospect Park earlier today, the day after Hurricane Sandy...
















No comments: