FREELANCE WRITING & PHOTOGRAPHY

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Learning to Be Still

I have a difficult time sitting still.  I like to be moving and exploring and going.  Somewhere, anywhere, often nowhere, just to be moving.  I have hurt my back and so am forced to not only be still, but in fact to quite literally stop.  I can only walk a few steps before the pain begins, so I am doing a lot of reading, writing, pondering.  As I search the positive in this experience, I realize that this pain has turned out to be a blessing in disguise.  As the time for my departure to New York approaches, I have thought of the many friends I want to visit, hikes to hike, walks to walk, adventures to have and places to explore.  All actions that require me to move.  Instead, I am basking in this forced exile and learning to just be.






No comments: